The Les Paul Custom made its debut in 1954 after the initial success of the Les Paul Goldtop. Mr. Les Paul himself wanted to convey to audiences that the solid body electric guitar was not a fad but a challenging instrument and that his signature axe, the Les Paul, was the king of all electric solid body guitars. So, Les requested a Les Paul with a custom colour finish in solid black and solid white with gold hardware that would blend well with a tuxedo. The result was the Les Paul Custom, or the "tuxedo" Les Paul, as it became known among fans.
The Les Paul Custom quickly became one of the most recognized guitars in the world and Les himself used his Les Paul Custom in concert, on his weekly television show with wife Mary Ford and on his album covers, including his famous duet with pal Chet Atkins, Chester and Lester.
Now, with Epiphone's superior ProBucker humbucker pickups and coil-tapping, along with the Custom's classic gold hardware, fully bound body, neck and headstock and pearloid inlays, we think you will agree that the Epiphone Les Paul Custom PRO is "dressed to kill."
- Push/Pull coil-tapping ProBucker™ pickups.
- Gold hardware and Grover™ machine heads.
- Mahogany body with maple veneer finished in classic black.
- Body: Mahogany with maple veneer
- Body Binding: 5-ply White/Black
- Neck profile: Satin-finished SlimTaper™ "D"
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck joint: Glued-in
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Neck Profile:
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Fretboard Inlays: Pearloid, 'Block'
- Fretboard radius: 12"
- Frets: 22, medium jumbo
- Fretboard binding: 1-ply White
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Headstock: Bound
- Neck Pickup: ProBucker™-2 (4-wire)
- Bridge Pickup: ProBucker™-3 (4-wire)
- Controls: All-metal 3-way pick-up selector, 2x Push/Pull 'Volume' and 2x 'Tone'
- Bridge: LockTone™
- Tailpiece: Stop Bar
- Hardware: Gold
- Tuners: Grover® 14:1
|Manufacturer Part No.||ENCTLEBGH1|
|No. Of Strings||6|
|Body Construction||Modern Weight Relief|