This is our amazingly rare, vintage left-handed Fender Precision Bass from 1966!
As the first production model bass guitar, the Fender Precision bass was an absolutely revolutionary instrument upon its introduction in 1951. Built as a bass counterpart to the Telecaster, the Precision or P Bass evolved throughout the ‘50s with changing electronics, body shape, and cosmetic details. After the CBS Fender buyout in 1965, Fenders shifted towards a more mass-production style of construction. From '65 onwards, Fenders like the Precision Bass are of less interest to collectors than their earlier counterparts.
As seen in the photographs, the neck is dated from 1963 and we have dated one of the pots from 1964. We have had many instruments come in like this in the past and it is extremely common to find older parts used in a newer Fender. As we have to take the newest part as it's official date, the body is from 1966. We have also attached photographs of the bass being played by it's only previous owner.
This is a very rare, pre-owned instrument in an excellent playing condition. It has some aesthetic marks and fading in the paintwork, neck and head stock. The scratch plate screws have been changed and the thumb rest has possibly been replaced (as seen in the photographs).
Please note that this instrument contains rosewood. If it is being exported outside of the EU it will take approximately 15 extra working days to ship. This is due to CITES
- Years of Production: 1951 - present.
- Body Style: Double cutaway solidbody.
- Wood Composition: Adler body, Maple neck, Rosewood fingerboard.
- Design Elements: Single-coil split pickup with level pole pieces, tortoiseshell plastic pickguard, 34-inch scale length, dot inlays.
- Finish Specifications: Sunburst is a common color for vintage Fenders, and is less collectable than rarer finishes.
- Notable Players: Geezer Butler, Roger Waters, John Deacon, Sting
- Made in the USA
|Manufacturer Part No.||L40089|
|Colour/Finish||Aged Olympic White|
|No. Of Strings||6|
|Body Construction||Solid Body|